Kevin A Uyb
map-marker Crestview, Florida

Lemon!

4 years ago we had a Bryant unit installed, the day the installers left they had the heat and a/c switched, our ac unit was blowing out heat, they had to come back and change it.

I knew then we were in trouble. We have had to replacethe A-coil, compressor, txv valve, now the units electrical board went out.

This is in a span of 2 1/2 years.

This is unacceptable. DO NOT WASTE YOUR MONEY. We had a HEIL unit that ran for 20 years with zero issues, not one!!! Stay far far away from a Bryant ac unit.

We called the Bryant Corp.

And they said "this is common for that many things to go bad in that time frame, not unusual" can you believe that... buy at your own risk

User's recommendation: DO NOT BUY

Jim M Gvk

| map-marker West Sacramento, California

Poor design in Minisplit

I wonder if their engineers understand the outdoor unit gets placed outdoors... Outdoors, where rodents, insects, and frogs can get into the circuitry.. As happened to my 6 month old unit. When the service tech opened it up it's quite evident the entire heart of the electronics is wide open to anything that wants to make a home inside. Stupid ! Or just being cheap. Two weeks to get an new control board and they're saying it's NOT covered by warranty.
Kiet Lkf
map-marker Muncie, Indiana

JUNK FURNACE

TAKE CONTROL AWAY FROM THE SERVICE PEOPLE BY REMOVING THE COMPUTER CONTROLS. THEN MAKE A FURNACE WHICH IS A FURNACE AND NOT A COMPUTER..

User's recommendation: DO NOT BUY

Cassy J Mgy

Verified Reviewer

Not refunded for guaranteed parts

Unable to get my $1260 refund for service done by a company chosen by Bryant to do work. Run-around.
Loss:
Pros:
  • Customer service workers seem nice on the phone
Cons:
  • Bryant should be in contact with companies used for services
  • Nothing has been done to make me a satisfied customer
  • Customer service not equipped to handle issue

Preferred solution: Full refund

User's recommendation: Use your own service people

Aileen W Mfz

| map-marker Evansville, Indiana

Great company

Long over due, we had a new furnace installed back in December and the installers were great. A few weeks the later I saw water coming out of a light switch downstairs in my bathroom (furnace is in the attic above my bathroom) I went upstairs to see what was going on and saw the attic full of water that was dripping out of the drip pan.

I immediately called Bryant Heating, Cooling & Electric and they sent out two of their installers and one of their electricians and were here within 30 minutes. They fixed the problem and the electrician checked the light switch in the bathroom to make sure everything was working properly and cleaned the water out. There was water damage and they told me to get some estimates for the repairs. Bryant Heating, Cooling & Electric paid for ALL of the repairs and made it right.

They are an outstanding company, they stand by the product, go above and beyond, and their customer service is outstanding. So glad we went with Bryant Heating, Cooling, and Electric!

User's recommendation: Great company and great customer service

JOSH B Egx

Keeps going out

I had 2 of these installed. One at my house, the other at my mother in-laws. Both have went down 3 times in a matter of months. That is 6 times the installer had to be called out. And I chose Schwarts to install. Even bigger mistake than having a Bryant installed. Even though they are brand new units, they keep going down, and Schwarts charges me to fix. What a scam.
Loss:
Pros:
  • I dont know
Cons:
  • Very unreliable
  • No room for error when it comes to return system keeps freezing

User's recommendation: Avoid this brand and Schwarts Heating and Cooling

Jones G Adp

Failed Heat Exchanger

After 10yrs, this will be the 2nd time the furnace needs to be replaced. 1st time was immediately after installation; it produced a strong plastic smell that wouldn't go away; it made me nauseous.

They replaced it right away. Now, the heat exchanger failed and I've been without heat for over two weeks. Bryant makes you go through the dealers to process a claim. Problem is no one wants to take care of it.

Paid $160 for a 15min diagnostic; and each company you request a warranty replacement quote from wants an upfront diagnostic fee, just to tell you what you already know. And then afterwords, they want nothing to do with you. Basically, no returned phone calls and "Oh we are at least two weeks out." At this point looking at other brands and losing out on the warranty rebate claim worth about $600. That amount isn't worth the hassle.

But that amount is worth it to Bryant to not have you as a customer. I guess they blame you for having the failed furnace.

Loss:

Preferred solution: Replacement furnace honored and installed promptly.

User's recommendation: Stay away from Bryant Furnaces.

map-marker Normalville, Pennsylvania

I own one and want others to be informed

this is a mediocre heat pump at best it uses so much more energy than a Mitsubishi unit and its technology is miles behind Mitsubishi and other overseas inverter units. Save your heartache and go with a Mitsubishi.

User's recommendation: go for a better inverter unit

Joyelle Gts

New, 5-stage version won't push heat through house

I've had a Bryant heat pump since 1978. Replaced the whole thing in 2006.

2018, had to replace $10K worth of parts due to oil leaks, dead compressor, and dead thermostat. Now it's 2023 and another oil leak. I had the choice of replacing parts again for $2K, or replacing the whole thing (excluding the outdoor compressor) for $5,500. I went with the whole thing and am so sorry I did!

The old units were 2-stage, and this "improved, more efficient" 5-stage system has been nothing but trouble since the day of installation three weeks ago because the computer can't coordinate with the working parts. The thermostat refused to recognize the coils, so my tech removed the coil sensor and reprogrammed the system.

The fan refuses to blow the heat more than a couple inches past my vents, so I switched to electric heat only, which is blowing a tad better, while I await my technician's return call saying he'll be here for the 6th time. As snow flurries fall here in MI and my house gets colder and colder, the thought of not being able to fix this has me so stressed, I'm making myself sick.

Preferred solution: If anyone else is having this problem (heat not being circulated) with a 5-stage system, I'd love to hear how or if they solved it.

User's recommendation: AI will be the death of us no matter what appliance or company we deal with.

Daniel B Mdu

Verified Buyer

| map-marker Bloomington, Minnesota

Toxic fumes

Bryant - Toxic fumes

We recently purchased a Bryant 926 T furnace and had this installed by a local professional heating contractor. Within an hour, fumes from lubrication oil started to fill the housedespite the fact that we have an April-Air filter system attached to the furnace We opened all the windows (with a good breeze blowing) and turned on three large air purifiers.

Nevertheless, the house reeked of lubrication oil from one end to the other, including the basement. We had to seal off the vents in three rooms to create safe areas.

Of the three furnaces we have purchased for our house over the years, this is the only one that had such a severe off-gassing problem. Earlier furnaces had a mild odor that was mostly in the basement and lasted about half a day. The off-gassing on this furnace lasted two days and could still be smelled easily three days later.

It got into our bed linens, clothes, and carpets. If we had bought the furnace during the winter with freezing temperatures, the situation would have been even worse with little or no ability to open windows.

Lubrication oils are often used for manufacturing metals. According to online sources, the type of lubricant varies with the industry. Bryant appears to be using a lubricant that is unusually bad for off-gassing.

According to research that you can find online, the inhalation of metalworking fluids in a vaporized form can cause respiratory disease and potentially aggravate existing respiratory diseases.

Possible diseases include: acute airway irritation, asthma, chronic bronchitis, impaired lung function, and hypersensitivity pneumonitis. People who are exposed to the vapors on a regular basis can develop cancer in different parts of the body, from the larynx to the bladder.

Off-gassing is a recognized consumer concern in everything from carpets to varnish. Many of these products contain health warnings. Some manufacturers have altered their products to minimize dangerous vapors.

There were no warnings on the Bryant furnace about off-gassing vapors or their potentially harmful effects.

The salesperson from the heating contractor gave no warningdespite the fact that I told him that I have asthma and that we have a pet bird in the house who cannot be exposed to toxic fumes. Birds have sensitive respiratory systems and can easily die from smoke and fumesincluding such things as the vapor from cooking oils.

Thanks to lax safety regulations in the United States, companies like Bryant can market harmful products without question. And it is not like Bryant could not remedy the problem. Bryant can off-gas their metal products at the factory instead of pushing this off on unsuspecting consumers.

At the very least, both Bryant and heating contractors should give consumers full disclosure about the fumes, including potential health risks to both people and pets. Failure to do this is professional negligence.

Finding a good furnace is not easy. Consumer reviews are few because furnaces are not carried by stores like Amazon or Home Depot.

I would recommend that you ask heating contractors to put you in touch with other customers and ask about their experience. If you value your health and that of your petsor just want to avoid the hassle of dealing with a house that stinks, I would avoid Bryant furnaces.

Pros:
  • Modern appliance
Cons:
  • Severe off-gassing

Preferred solution: Apology

User's recommendation: As noted above, avoid Bryant furnaces and ask heating contractors for references from other customers to hear about their experience with new furnaces.

map-marker Green Bay, Wisconsin

Bad quality. Too many issues.

DIn march of 2016 I had a Bryant furnace model 987MA installed in my house. The following winter the unit shut off due to a water overflow problem.

The problem part was modified so that wouldnt happen again. About 4 years ago the unit had to have a control panel replaced. For the past 2-3 years a warning would come up on the thermostat and the unit would shut off. Now it needs a new heat exchanger that should be covered by the warranty but the labor is estimated at $1,000.

Im done with this unit. If I cant count on it not to have an issue every winter I need a quality replacement which is going to be a Lennox.

I had a Lennox in my last house for 12 years and I never had a problem with it. If companies cant make quality products that at least outlast their warranties then they should have to pay the consumer for loss of use of product.

User's recommendation: Don’t buy a Bryant furnace. Check the reviews on any of their products.

Sheree L Cue

Customer Complaint

Original review Jul 26, 2023

We built a new home and occupied it November 22, 2019. The builder installed a Bryant / Carrier A/C Model BA(13,14,15,16) NA BA16NW and Gas furnace Model 912S(B,C).

Today we had to call the installer (ARRONCO) because the A/C was not keeping up with the heat. We expected a simple re-charge the unit service call. However, we were informed that a coil essential to cooling had broken at the weld point, and although the warranty would cover the cost of the part they think, we are entirely responsible for the $1,600.00 labor to fix what the service technician informs us is a factory problem. We are furious.

The A/C unit has functioned for a total of 30 weeks. I expect a major household system to be engineered to last for longer than 30 weeks of operation! I want to know what Bryant/Carrier will do to resolve a factory problem.

I do not feel a customer should have to pay for the labor to fix a factory defect. This is a cost the factory should have to bear in addition to the cost of the part covered by warranty.

Loss:
Cons:
  • Factory problems are made responsibility of consumer

User's recommendation: Do not purchase a Bryant /Carrier HVAC unit

Susan F Gju

Worst air conditioning unit ever purchased. This is supposed to be energy efficient but it’s not!

First phase runs through out the day trying to cool down the house . The second phase barely kicks, on causing my air to run continuously all day. Not entry efficient at all. First time using a Bryant system and looking to replace it. Cost $9500.00
Loss:
Cons:
  • Not energy efficient

User's recommendation: Not to purchase

Sareen Zbi

Would you provide the model info. I was considering Bryant as my first choice.

map-marker Alamo, California

Poor Customer Service

Stay away from Bryant. Their customer service is horrendous.

The customer is stuck between the installer and Bryant.

We had a new central AC system installed in May 2022. By July 2022, it stopping cooling. It was leaking refrigerant. Installer came out and added refrigerant.

August 2022, same thing happened. Our system has continued to leak refrigerant. Installer did isolation leak test. No leaks found.

Installer will not remove the system, and Bryant won't back their product. They say they need photographic proof of a leak before replacing the coil or condenser. The last straw was a leak on August 5, 2023. Installer came out and added refrigerant.

System will be removed by installer and our money will be refunded.

They blamed the equipment. Already have 3 companies coming out to give us estimates.

User's recommendation: Stay away from Bryant central AC systems

Albertha Rrg
map-marker Rockville, Maryland

The worst customer service I ever had

I just called Bryant customer service and chose "a client is thinking of purchasing Bryant equipment", and reached a lady. I tried to ask where I could find the dimensions and other info of the units, she was so rude, unprofessional, interrupted me, she yelled: "go online and find it by yourself", and she hung up. The worst customer service I ever had. She kicked the potential Bryant consumers out.
Sc Cnd

5 years warranty

When warranty up so is the ac unit These things are not cheap for 5 years. Hard to place Reviews too. Know I know why Reviews by customers are hidden
Loss:
Pros:
  • Name
Cons:
  • Does not last pass 5 years for cost

Preferred solution: Free repair

User's recommendation: BEWARE

About

Summary

Bryant was founded by in 1904 Charles Bryant. The company is the manufacturer of heating and cooling systems. At the present time, Bryant's wide range of hard-working products include gas and oil furnaces, fan coils, boilers, heat pumps, air conditioners, packaged products, humidifiers, ventilators, other air quality accessories and more. These industry-leading products are manufactured at sites across the United States. The customer service of the company is available at 1-800-428-4326 from 8:00a - 5:00p (EST) weekdays. The addresses of the locations are available on the site of the company based on the postal Zip Code of you residence.

Bryant reviews and complaints

Bryant is ranked 89 out of 412 in Heating, Cooling and Air Conditioning category

Area Served

USA

Payment Methods

VISA

Why Trust Reviews on PissedConsumer?

• Professional auto and live moderation
  • 100% user-generated content
  • Equal opportunity and protection
  • Zero tolerance for fake reviews
  • Verified content
  • PissedConsumer is on the Inc. 5000 list

For more information read Blog article